BEE Japan (Bicycle for Everyone’s Earth) is a group of international members that promotes environmental awareness and green living in Japan.
The BEE Ride
Since 1997 our main activity has been the annual BEE Ride; a 2-3 month long self-supported cycle tour from the most northernly to southerly town on Japan’s four main islands. The team is made up of an international group of volunteers (usually participants on the Japan Exchange and Teaching program (JET)) who teach about environmental sustainablity during the ride. The BEE Ride uses both direct action and environmental education.
Our direct action includes:
* Travelling the length of Japan exclusively by bicycle
* Eating low on the food chain (vegetarian)
* Choosing organic products whenever possible
* Choosing fair trade products whenever possible
* Supporting local economies by buying local produce
* Avoiding chain stores and convenience stores, and using no vending machines.
* Minimizing waste by choosing less packaged products, buying reusable, recycled and recyclable items, and using no waribashi or other disposable eating utensils.
Our educational activities are carried out at schools, English discussion circles (eikaiwa), and with international groups. These contribute to a deep awareness, in both children and adults, of the extent to which our daily lives effect the ecosystems in which we live. Many topics are covered, but the focus is on bio-interconnectivity, forest destruction, over consumption, and renewable energy sources (human, wind, and solar).
ちょっと長かったけど、分かりましたか～？？？「BEE JAPAN」、是非是非応援してください！！！「BEE JAPAN」のリサイクルTシャツ（Tシャツを裏返してリメイクしたTシャツ）を買うことで彼らの活動の手助けも出来ます。よかったらどうぞ！！！ちなみに、「BEE JAPAN」のデザイナーは、我が「English Avenue」でアシスタントをしているEddyです！！！